Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fuzzy Parts 2

He was twelve years older, and gone most of the time.
Shelley was five years older, and well, she was a girl.

Other stuff from those days I remember are things like n 8 mm film of my Dad letting a billy goat butt him through a chain link fence at a decrepet El Centro Zoo, which is hilarious to watch.

The only pool in town was at the multi-storied hotel called the Barbara Worth which I remember burnt to the ground. The water in the pool made my sister's hair turn green.

That's about it for El Centro, the next thing I remember was living in North Park San Diego, near the Zoo, and the Balboa Park, and how nice and green everything was.

I loved San Diego, and still do.
I have said and still say, even with the crappy management of California, and how it is impossible for me to live there now, I would love to go back.
My Mom had it right. She saw the promised land and managed to get her family to it, but we have all dispersed due to reasons that will become clear if you come back to read these rantings.

No comments:

Post a Comment